Rainy Days and Sunroofs sometimes get you down ......by Sueann Blackwell-Merrillville Auto Glass & Trim on 05/21/13
With the rains we have had and will have in the future - sunroofs can make you frown. The newer sunroofs today no longer have a pan where water can build up and drain. The newer sunroofs have trofts that take the water to the drain hoses to drain- they are not very large so an abondence of water could get you wet.
So sunroof maintance is very important!
- Clean your sunroof glass and gasket regularly with mild soap and water.
- Condition your sunroof seal after cleaning to keep it soft.
- Check your sunroof while it is open to make sure any debries have not made its way into your track system or front drain hoses.
- Your front drain hoses should be checked once a month by putting a glass of water by the front drain hose and make sure the water is coming out by your tire - if not your drain tubes are cloged and need to be serviced (there are actually four drain hoses two of them you will need to have your headliner dropped to get to them)
- If your sunroof seems stuck it probly is- a rock, leaf or forgien object could be jamed in your sunroof tracks -
- Also, spray lubricant in your sunroof tracks to keep them working smoothly at least twice a year..
With these tips you could save yourself a heafty amount in repairs...
Now with that said Go out and Enjoy your sunroof !!!!